Direct Recycling, LLC accepts
Plastics Numbered 1,2 and 7. To determine what number a plastic container is turn the container over and look for a triangle. The designated grade number of a plastic is inside of the triangle. Rinse the container thoroughly. Labels and tops do not have to be removed.
- #1 Plastic: PET/Polyethylene Terephthalate. Mainly found in soda containers.
- #2 Plastics: HDPE/High Density Polyethylene. Found in milk containers, detergent, bottles, yogurt containers, and water bottles.
- #7 Plastics: mainly found in juice bottle.
- Not Accepted: Plastics numbered 3, 4, 5, 6. Any other types of plastics not designated as 1, 2 or 7.
- Newspaper: Including glossy inserts. Remove the newspaper from sacks or bundles before placing in the bin.
- Mixed Paper: Junk mail, adding machine tape, phone messages, colored paper, envelopes (including those with plastic windows) brochures, copy paper, notebook paper, colored copy paper.
- Computer Paper: Green or white bar feeder type computer paper, shredded computer paper.
- Phone Books and White Paper Manuals: with glue binding
- Corrugated Cardboard: Moving boxing-should be broken down and flattened.
- Hard Back Books/paperback Books
- Non-Ferrous Metals: non-magnetic. Includes copper tubing, plumbing materials, materials, electrical wire, brass keys or fixtures aluminum siding/shed doors and gutters.
- Aluminum Drink Cans: Non-magnetic, Separate from other aluminum, includes beer/soda cans, aluminum plates, aluminum foil and most cat food cans.
- Not Accepted: Steel canned food cans.